My grad school buddy Sungold at Kittywampus listed 10 reasons why she is qualified to be VP. So, I shall turn this into a meme and present my qualifications as well.
1. Sparsely populated home state: Sungold is from North Dakota, a state with fewer people (639,715) than Alaska (683,478). I grew up in Vermont, which has fewer still (623,908).
2. Foreign policy experience: Vermont also borders a foreign country — and the French speaking part of it too boot! Quebec also has threatened many times to split off from the rest of Canada. This is not unlike what’s happening in the country of Georgia, eh?
3. Curious, yes — much too nosy for my own good, in fact.
4. The hair: Perm in 1980s — yep, but it didn’t last long in my stick-straight hair.
5. Age: I too am 44 years old — won’t be much longer, but my birthday is after the election.
6. Economics: No econ courses, but I have handled a department budget.
7. Education: Been in universities all my adult life.
8. The Mommy thing: Never been pregnant, don’t plan to be, ever.
9. Lipstick: I’m more of a lipgloss woman — still stuck in the ’70s.
10. Personality: Generally perky, but can be vicious and bitchy when situation requires it. Also, I played basketball, but didn’t make the JV team.
In addition –since I’m a historian, I can name several really bad Supreme Court decisions — especially Dread Scott, worst decision ever!
Oooh, I didn’t realize your Vermont qualifications would trump mine, or I never would’ve encouraged this meme-ification.
Also, I just turned 45, so I guess I’m now officially too old for the job. Dang it!